Thursday, July 29, 2010

Update on Caleb :)'s the scoop on Caleb :) Tuesday we went to see Dr. Gardial for a checkup after the ER visit Monday night...his white blood count was still low and he still wasn't feeling good...the nurse gave him a shot of Rocephan in his rear ;) lol Caleb said that was quite an :) So then we went home and he tried to sleep.....around 4:30 I woke Caleb up and took his temp and it was 102.6 ...I called Dr. Gardial's nurse, Michelle, and asked her what I should do...she said if it didn't get below 100 in a few minutes (b/c he had just woken up) to take him back to the after about 15 minutes I took it again and it was 102.4 my boss, Vanessa, took us to the ER when she got off at 5:30....When the nurse at the ER took his temp it was 103 she gave him some tylonel and we waited for the doctor. We had Dr. Drake... :( lol We didn't like him too much...He disregarded everything the doctors had said the night before and said he just needed to go home and take tylonel and motrin for his fever....well we were sick of going back and forth to the ER and the doctor's office and getting mixed answers so we asked for Caleb to be admitted to the hospital until they figured out what was wrong with him and how to treat him...Dr. Drake said that he would do it if that's what we wanted but that was going to cost us thousands and thousands of dollars and not to blame him when we got the bill. lol...I was that close to telling to be quiet and just admit sorry I know...not a very Christian-like attitude....anyways he admitted him to the hospital. Sidenote: while we were waiting for Dr. Drake, the fire alarm went off! lol We were like oh no! I guess something had happened on the second floor of the hospital...anyways after about 2 minutes they turned it off and said everything was ok :) lol! ... He was taken to his room at around ten o'clock. His nurses were Christy and Christa :) They were very nice :) Their shift was from 7pm - 7am...They took his temp and blood pressure and got all his paperwork filled out and gave him some meds...and they got a sleeper chair for me :) heehee :) We tried to sleep...but it was a new place and different surroundings so it was kinda hard that the nurses have to come in every 2 hours to check on him and see how his temp I think all in all we got about 4 hrs of sleep....When we woke up we met his new nurses, Leah and Brittany. Their shift is from 7am-7pm...Brittany was very nice...Leah was nice but very business like....not to big on bedside Around 8 or 9am I got a txt from caleb's mom asking if we wanted any company! Then 2 minutes later they walked in the door! They had driven all night (12 hrs) from Illinois! I was sooo thankful they were here! :) So we spent some time catching them up on everything that had happened the night before.....then Vanessa came by to take me to my apt so I could pack a back since I didn't know how long he would be in the hospital and I'm staying with him until he gets out...
We also had alot of visitors from church yesterday :) First Br. Kemp came by, then Mrs. Carolann Capaci, then Br. Dave Chittum...then we had a break for awhile...His parents are going to stay at our apt b/c i'm staying here at the hospital with Caleb, so they left to get some rest b/c they had been up all night driving... it was around lunchtime so I went down to the cafeteria to get some lunch...Wow! are they ever overpriced! lol it cost me almost $7 for 3 chicken tenders, some fries, and a drink! at least it was good! lol :) His parents came back for a few hrs and then went back to the apt for the night....We finally got to meet the doctor here, Dr. Gardner...He's very nice :) He said it looked like Caleb just had a really bad case of Mono and that since there really was no treatment for Mono they basically were just going to keep Caleb comfortable until he felt better. He is on an antibiotic and he has an IV in his arm...they have him on a bag of electrolytes and some other stuff to keep him hydrated since he's having a hard time eating and drinking.....he can keep it down he just doesn't really have an appetite and is still nauseous... So pass the time we watched some tv for friend Katie came by and brought me Chik-fil-A! Thanks Katie!.... then a little while later the Pittmans came by to see us :) They visited for awhile...after they left Caleb finally fell asleep....a little while later the Johnstons came by, but they didn't stay long b/c he was asleep :) We were very thankful for all our visitors :) We truly are loved by our church family :) Last night his nurses were Kathy and Marx. Kathy was very sweet....kinda grandmotherly :) Marx was from West Africa and he was hilarious :) He told us all about how when he first came here it was a total culture shock! He said in West Africa they think America is how it's portrayed in movies...always alot of violence and everyone has a gun and there's shooting (westerns)...he said he was shocked by how nice Americans were! lol :) He also said when he first got here, his plane landed in Chicago, and when he got off the plane he almost went back home b/c it was sooo cold! lol :) We had fun talking with him :) Today his nurses are Amy and Sarah :) Amy is sweet and has a major southern drawl....Sarah is quiet and we've only seen her a few times so far....Today is a good day though :) Dr. Gardner stopped by around 6:30 this morning and said his white blood counts were up and his platelets were up :) He said it looked like he was taking a turn for the better :) So thanks for your prayers! They are definitely helping! He slept alot last night, and he actually just fell back asleep :) He's snoring right now :) His parents left to get some lunch and should be back soon :) Thanks soooo much for all you love and prayers!!! God is in control :) Love Y'all!

Vanessa stayed with us awhile in the ER...

Snuggled up b/c they keep it like 55 degrees in the ER! lol

He didn't want his picture taken ;)

Pizza Pringles! They're amazing! lol :) Caleb's manager Roger brought them by Tuesday night :) Caleb actually ate a couple :) He loves them!

His room has a bathroom and a shower in it :) So yesterday morning I was able to take a shower and felt greatly refreshed! :) (I took one this morning :)

I told Caleb he wasn't allowed to lose his smile :)

All snuggled up with the bear I got him at the gift shop :) heehee :)

Eating a cheeseburger :)

Finally sleeping :) (right

1 comment:

  1. Caleb is so gonna smack you for all the pictures of him sick!!! But he looks happy! :-)

    Love you girlie! Here for ANYTHING ANYTIME you need me! (((HUGS)))