Thursday, July 22, 2010

God is in control....

Hey Everyone....just wanted to let y'all know whats going on.... The sad news I posted about yesterday? Well, here it is....Our little booger beat us to Jesus :) I went in for my second ultrasound on Tuesday...we were sooo excited because we were going to get to hear the baby's heartbeat! But, as the lady was doing the ultrasound, I noticed that neither she nor Caleb were smiling...in fact they both looked concerned....she had the monitor turned so I couldn't see it, so I didn't know what was going on. Then she asked me if I had had any spotting or bleeding, and I said "No." She turned on the speaker to see if we could hear the heartbeat, and there was nothing....There was no movement, no heartbeat, nothing...She said I'm 11 wks along so baby should be measuring 11 wks, but baby was only measuring 9 wks....so it looks like baby's heart stopped beating two wks ago....She left the room so Caleb and I could have some time alone....We held each other and wept for a few minutes...then Teresa (the nurse-practictioner) came in and talked to us about what happens next.....I thank God for Teresa :) She has been the nicest and most encouraging lady through this whole ordeal. She gave me a hug and I asked if she could check again Thursday (today) before we did anything else, and she said of course! So this morning she checked again, and it was still the same. I'm going to let everything happen naturally, so please be in prayer that there are no complications... Caleb & I are doing okay.....yesterday and Tuesday were the hardest days so far...but we know God is in control and He knows what is best :) So, please keep us in your prayers, and we love y'all!



This song has helped me alot these past few days....I love the part where she says "You're greater than my yesterdays, You hold me close today, You're the Lord of my tomorrows, my heart will always say." I hope you get a blessing from this song....love y'all!

The song is "Mercy" by Casting Crowns...

1 comment:

  1. hey em. i got the email from your mom and i'm so sorry for your loss. i'm glad that your faith is getting you through this and you are staying strong. your little baby is with Jesus now and he will watch over you and his brothers and sisters to come.

    ReplyDelete